Sunday, January 31, 2010

Summer - finally!


First sunflower

Finally we have had a few warm, sunny days! A few balmy 25-27 degree days - hot for Wellington. So my sunflowers that I planted along the fence between the garage and the house are finally coming out. It makes me smile when I walk past them on my way off to work.

The veggie garden is also starting to do better. Still rather stunted from last year. I now have a few green tomatoes on my plants and the basil is looking a little less pathetic. I also got my first zucchini/courgette this week... Supposedly they are easy to grow - but the haven't liked the cold and windy conditions in my garden this summer. I hope we get a few more weeks/months of summer and I get a decent amount of produce from my garden after all my efforts.

No comments: