Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Makara Peak

Yesterday was another beautiful sunny day. I got all my chores done early so I could have the rest of the afternoon to go for a big ride. I attempted to ride to Makara Peak from home again, this time finding a much better route. There are still some pretty big climbs in there but when you go from pretty much sea level to 412m I guess that is to be expected.

I am getting to know Makara Peak pretty well now, and definitely have some favorite tracks. I am even starting to get a braver in the skills area. Now I don't use the little dirt rolloff from the the step down ramps, I just launch. I still use the brakes too much, but baby steps are the way to go. Especially with a big road trip on the horizon. I am pretty excited to get out and ride some new places!

1 comment:

Stan and Hilairy said...

More pictures. Have a safe trip and Happy Holidays.
-stan